Wednesday, February 18, 2009

so long, domino

It's a sad day. The monthly Domino delivery has always made me so happy! No matter how hectic my day, it was always such a wonderful surprise to find the latest issue of Domino in my mailbox. It promised an evening of relaxing with decor and a glass of wine. A lovely way to end a day!
So it was depressing to get the latest issue today and to realize that it will be my last.



So in honor of the last issue, I prepared a chocolate banana pie from Domino's first ever issue.


Domino's Chocolate Banana Pie

1 1/2 cup crushed Vanilla wafer crumbs

6 tbsp melted butter

2 very ripe mashed bananas, mashed

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese)

15 oz. ricotta cheese (I use part skim)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup dried banana chips

Combine cookie crumbs and butter until well mixed. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Add half of the cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated. Stir in remaining cocoa. Spoon into pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment