Wednesday, April 1, 2009

picture clusters

I am so drawn to this picture from PotteryBarn. There are two things in it that I love. The first is the idea of using a small dresser as a nightstand. The second is the grouping of pictures.
The nightstand on my side of the bed is way too small and leaves a big, empty corner to the left. It makes me cringe every time I look at it. If I move the bed over so that the nightstand is closer to the wall, the bed ends up looking out of place in the room. I think that using a small dresser would balance out the space much better and would add some extra storage. Also, I could use the space above it to hang a cluster of frames. I love the way a group of frames looks!
I pulled a bunch of frame groupings out of my files for inspiration.


I really love this one - nothing beats an artful mix of frames on a staircase!

I also like the way a group of mirrors brings light into a room.



4 comments:

  1. Love the cluster of frames! It is so dramatic, I may have to try it!

    PS Thanks for stopping by my blog, that's how I found you and I love Emily Claire Creates..I'll be back!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a combination of frames AND mirrors together?
    Thanks for visiting my blog too! I love all your creative posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those clusters of pictures look amazing! Great job compiling so many examples. It's something I had originally wanted to do for our house. I'd still love to, but I'm worried it would just start looking cluttered. Still... I am saving this post for future ideas. Beautiful!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete