Monday, April 13, 2009

cookie for domino?

Ever since I found out that Domino magazine would no longer be published, I've been wondering what would happen to the rest of my subscription. On Saturday, I recieved a postcard that informed me that instead of receiving this:

I will now be receiving Cookie magazine instead.


Seriously? I know I'm still a little bitter about the decision to stop publishing Domino, but I have trouble believing that someone over at Conde Nast really thought that a magazine filled with tips on how to calm toddler tantrums and how to plan vacations to Disney World would be a good substitute for one that was filled with decor eye candy. I bought a couple of parenting magazines when my first son was born and I realized pretty quickly that there are only so many articles on fussy eating and baby-proofing your home that you can read.

Fortunately, they did offer the alternative of getting my money back for the issues remaining in my subscription.

4 comments:

  1. that's bullcrap. even the font on the front cover of that 'cookie' magazine annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the weirdest substitution ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what they did is give them at random. I got subscription for glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why they didn't just give people a choice of a couple of magazines?

    ReplyDelete