Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i don't know how event planners do it

I am so not cut out to be an event planner. I stress out way too much about all of the things that can go wrong. I worry that the vendors won't remember to get the decorations done on time or that the caterers will deliver the food to the wrong location. My mind dredges up every horror story about I've ever heard about an event that went horribly wrong.
For the past few weeks I've been planning our school's National Honor Society banquet (which is tomorrow.) The closer it gets, the more I worry that I've forgotten some important detail, despite the fact that I keep copious notes from year to year to make sure that I don't forget anything.
So if I've seemed a little distant or preoccupied the past two weeks, it's only because my time is tied up in this event. Come tomorrow night, I'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you're almost there! Hope it goes well. Event planning would never be my thing, too. It's just too much!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists and more lists are the answer - good luck with the event, xv.

    ReplyDelete