Friday, April 17, 2009

the pursuit of perfect cupcakes

The ability to bake a decent cupcake is practically a requirement of motherhood. They're standard fare at bake sales and your children's friends will never forgive you if cupcakes are absent from a birthday party. After trying about a dozen different recipes, I've finally found a favorite.

It's a moist, tender chocolate cupcake with a not-too-sweet cream cheese frosting. So good!
I pipe on the frosting (it's much, much faster than smearing it on) and place a nonpareil candy on top. If you have to make 2 dozen cupcakes, you don't have time for fussing over each one! You'll find the recipe for the cupcake and frosting here.
Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Cupcakes are having a resurgence for adults as well. It is always good to have the perfect cupcake recipe. Mine now are fairy cakes. But the cupcakes I've made when daughter was small . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. I love the topper. Great idea and it makes it look extra special.

    We would love for you to join the book club. we are not far in at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, do I feel like a dork...pipe on frosting...what a great idea! I always wondered how some (okay, most) cupcakes end up looking so much more professional than mine! Is this a William Sonoma type item?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - I bought a decorating bag and a #12 round tip at Michael's for just a couple of dollars. I figured I didn't need the whole decorating set since I wouldn't know how to use it!

    ReplyDelete