Wednesday, April 29, 2009

robin's nest and small joys

I was out in the backyard yesterday evening when I noticed a nest tucked into a corner underneath our deck. I couldn't remember if I had seen it before or not and there was no way to see inside of it, so I went up the stairs and peeked down through two of the floor boards of the deck. Sure enough, there were four tiny, blue eggs nestled inside! (The picture below isn't mine - there's no way to take a picture through the narrow crack in the floor boards.)


Before my husband & I got married, I'd spent most of my life living in cities where seeing a squirrel was the closest I ever got to nature - so this is one of those small joys that brightens up my whole day!

3 comments:

  1. Emily: I gasped when I saw the photo..I thought you took it! I was so impressed...it is exciting to have the little eggs right there where you can watch them. Isn't spring great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful photo & I chose it because that's exactly what the nest looks like with its four little eggs - but it's crammed into a tight corner and there's no way to get up there with a camera without disturbing the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! My favorite color!!

    ReplyDelete