Sunday, May 24, 2009

desk in the bedroom

I finally got to take some photos of my corner of the master bedroom. I'm really pleased with the desk here. It fills out the space much better than my diminutive nightstand used to and it's so much more functional. I actually have my own little space to do work in now!

The lamp on the desk used to have a brushed stainless steel finish. I gave it a few coats of glossy white spray paint and it looks much better now.
I still need to get something to hang over the desk. There's an awful lot of empty wall space there. Also, I'd like to get some storage boxes to stack under the desk to keep files and a few books in. It's a slow process because the idea of this bedroom makeover was to keep it as inexpensive as possible. I'm hoping to find some interesting stuff in thrift stores or at garage sales this summer.

I'm also in the process of finding some fabric so that I can sew some simple drapes for the window and reupholster the desk chair cushion.

Why is it that everytime you finish one project at home, it seems to create a half-dozen other projects that need to get done?

9 comments:

  1. We have an expression. "One thing leads to another"
    I love your desk, and would love to see a collection of framed items, artwork, letters, photos or a ribbon board to post notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great! The chair looks terrific in white, and it ties together your bedding and the lamp.
    I'm so excited to be your give-away winner! You're inspiring me, and I can't wait to take a look at the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I would love to have a Parson's desk in my guest room, I may go measure again to see if it will fit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new desk! and your room =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The desk looks great and you are right...the scale is perfect! It's so great when beauty and function are tied into the same package don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a desk next to a bed -- if we had the space I would have one. also love painting silver lamps white -- have done this multiple times and it always makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful room, and what a practical idea!

    ReplyDelete