Tuesday, May 5, 2009

help, please

I can't make up my mind between two options for our master bedroom, so I'm putting it up for a vote. You might remember that this is how my side of the bed looked.


The nightstand is way too small for the space, which is why I stuck that plant stand in the corner.
The original plan was to refinish the nightstand. This was my favorite option because it was the cheapest. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that refinishing the nightstand would not make it any bigger.
So, option number one is to replace the nightstand with the previously mentioned Parson's desk from West Elm. Here's what it would look like (sort of) in the space. The one I like is chocolate brown and there wouldn't be so much clutter on the surface. In fact, the accessories and lamp would be completely different. I like this option because the desk doesn't look clunky in the space and I would have my own desk space.


Option number two is to place a small dresser in the space. This one has the obvious benefit of providing lots of extra storage. I really like this option as well.


I feel like this one decision is holding up my entire master bedroom project so I'd appreciate any opinions or suggestions. Oh, and it has to be one or the other. I thought of putting the desk on my side and the dresser on my husband's side, but we don't have enough space.

5 comments:

  1. I vote for the Parson's desk. It is such a great look and you could always put boxes or stacks of books underneath if you needed more storage. If I had the space in my guest room I would order one today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top picture is the winner, by far, but do you need the storage?! Would it remain that fab looking day in and out? I have a bachelor's chest as my bedside table, and it holds so much! Plus it's beautiful, and I love it. Can't go wrong either way, but I guess for storage purposes, I vote for the chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, if you lack in storage then the dresser. Although I dream of that parsons desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the parsons desk. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parsons desk is perfect, and a basket under for storage or under bed containers would be great for storage.
    pve

    ReplyDelete