Friday, May 1, 2009

homework

Last week I had to shoot some flowers for my photography class so I went outside and took pictures of every flower that I saw. None of the resulting photos had me skipping for joy. Two hours before my class yesterday, I found a silk peony stem that my son had brought home from our last visit to my parents. (My mom didn't want it anymore.) Just for kicks, I held it up in front of our sliding glass doors and took a few photos. These are the two that came out the best.

So after all the careful work I'd done, the two pictures that I snapped on the fly ended up being the ones that I took to class last night. It's kind of funny, but also kind of frustrating that my best pictures are usually the accidents. Hopefully, if I keep taking pictures, I'll eventually get to a point where I instinctively know how to adjust for different conditions and get a great photo.

1 comment: