Thursday, May 7, 2009

teacher's gifts

I spent part of my morning today making gifts for my sons' teachers. It is Teacher Appreciation Week, after all!
As a teacher myself, I always like the simple, heartfelt gestures the best. A thank-you card written by a student just melts my heart. I actually keep them all in a file in my desk so that I can take them out for inspiration on a hard day.
So for my boys' teachers, I started with these paint can containers that I picked up at Michael's for about $2 each. I tied on some ribbon and a name tag.


Then I filled them with homemade cookies that my boys helped me make yesterday. I wanted them to cool overnight so that the containers didn't get all steamy from warm cookies.

And voila, a simple, homemade gift that I hope will brighten my boys' teachers' day!

6 comments:

  1. What a clever and "sweet" idea. I am sure the teachers will love it!

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is fun! Thanks for commenting and visiting mine. I was a teacher too... teacher turned horticulturist/designer... I love those paint containers found at Michael's... and your cookies made my mouth water.

    Great idea!

    I added you to my blogroll... please consider adding me to yours! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great gifts..I love the personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take an empty oatmeal box (Quaker Oats) and have my child do a drawing for the teacher and on the lid cut a colorful lid and make cookies to put inside. Voila! Teachers always love this and afterwards use it to store small items. Your teachers (and your students) must love you.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of decorating an oatmeal box with children's drawings - I think I'll be borrowing this idea next year!

    ReplyDelete