1. Get to West Elm & figure out how to fit Parson's desk in my car. This is one of the times that I wish I drove an SUV.
2. Put Parson's desk together and spend a few hours staring at it with gloating satisfaction. It'll be the first new piece of furniture we've bought since my older son was born five years ago.
3. Leave children with husband and go to New York City. Spend entire day rummaging happily through stores for fabrics for various sewing projects.
4. Immediately after finding said fabrics, proceed to Lady M's and splurge for a piece of this:
5. Explore all antique stores, thrift stores and flea markets in the area. After doing a little Internet research, I was surprised to learn how many there are.
6. Take children to NYC to visit the Museum of Natural History since they both love dinosaurs. Then proceed to Lady M's and splurge for a piece of this:
8. Have picnics in the backyard. Substitute grape juice for wine for young children.
9. Sit on deck in the evening and watch the fireflies.
10. Wipe dust off sewing machine and sew a few skirts. Beg mom to teach me how to put in zippers. If feeling very ambitious, sew a simple summer dress.
11. Host an end-of-summer barbecue.
12. Try out at least two new recipes per week.