Tuesday, June 9, 2009

blue & white

I have an ongoing love affair with white. I love how it brightens a space and makes it seem bigger and sunnier. This month's Traditional Home had some outstanding examples of using white.
This kitchen makes me feel faint. I love those pendant lights over the island.


Here they are close up.
A dining room with French doors that open up onto a patio just begs to be used for entertaining.


Seriously, wouldn't it be great to have a dining room that opens up onto this?


The room below is from a different house, but I loved it, too. I've been planning to refinish our kitchen table and chairs for a while. They're a similar (sort of) style to these. This picture is inspiring me to pick up my paintbrush.

6 comments:

  1. I love all the rooms! They look so fresh and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous. So light and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looove the blue and white decarated homes! so summer, could be close to the mediterranian.. i just found your blog, and will conntinue discovering :) please visit me on mine! happy thoughts from stockholm i am wishing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...it's terrific! Can we just hang out there all day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, of course, love the use of Swedish inspired furnishings in the dinning room. They are timeless and beautiful...now if I could just get more people to use the real thing instead of the reproductions!! A girl can try.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete