Tuesday, June 2, 2009

bookcover DIY

Inspired by this photo of DIY bookcovers from renovate + decorate, I decided to make a few bookcovers of my own. I started with these books and covered them with some leftover scrapbook paper I had. (For someone who does no scrapbooking, I have a surprising amount of scrapbook paper lying around.)



I used brown cardstock to cut the strips that I'll write the titles on. I cut all of the strips out of brown paper to give the books some uniformity. And voila, a new look for some old books.


While I wouldn't put new covers on all of my books, it's nice to have a pile of coordinating books to add some interest to a sidetable or nightstand. Also, I keep all of the original bookcovers in a plastic storage container so that I can put them back on if I want to.

7 comments:

  1. Swoon! I absolutely love those book covers!!!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Your books look amazing...it makes me want to recover some of my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your post to my blog Emily! You my dear are so inspiring yourself! I am going to get off my duff today and try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this idea. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey congratulations on a successful DIY. They really look great!

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete