Tuesday, June 30, 2009

small changes

A few months ago, I took a pair of old lamps and spray-painted them white. They looked better, but I was still far from loving them.



Enter Target and a discount coupon. A new Target just opened up a mere 10 minutes from our house. They sent discount coupons to everyone in the area. Armed with my coupons, I was able to buy two of these stacked-sphere lamp bases for $25. I love Target!


And I love how these lamps look in our bedroom. I feel like an actual adult every time I look at them - which is pretty often. It's a good thing I have a very understanding husband - anyone else would have serious reservations about a wife who spends a ridiculous amount of time staring happily at lamps.


The old lamps have been set aside for the time being. I'm planning on using them once we start decorating our family room.

8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and I can't believe what value they are, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just look at those there pretty sparkly lamps!
    ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a steal! It looks lovely on the dark wood like that. And hey, I have that Vogue book too. Don't you just love it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally checking those out at my local Target the other day... how do I love the Target, let me count the ways!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lamps :) A very nice snag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lamps look perfect there! And...very "grown up"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a serious lamp problem too.... one of my fav finds is a french country lamp I found at Lowe's garden center... probably because it sits on my desk and I STARE at it everyday. I do understand the STARE thing! Love the glass bauble one! Looks great paired with the items you have on that table. Good find girl... elegance at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful when some of the simplest and least expensive things in life can bring us so much happiness! I love it when that happens!

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete