Thursday, August 13, 2009

I came across this image today via the blog, Sketchy. I love the airy feel of the space and I think that at least part of the feel comes from the use of the Ghost chairs around the table. It's renewed my longing for a Ghost chair of my very own.


Although a real Philip Stark Ghost chair is waaaay out of my budget, I did come across these Victoria Ghost chair knock-offs on Overstock.com. The lack of arms on this chair means that I can slide it right up to my desk when I'm not using it, so I won't end up tripping over it. And whereas a real Ghost Chair costs upwards of $400, a pair of these knock-offs is only $269.99. Quite the bargain!


Of course, I say that like I throw around $270 all the time without blinking an eye, which isn't the case. I make big purchases very slowly and agonize over them for weeks and sometimes months before finally taking the plunge.
But this is Overstock.com, where things often sell out in the blink of an eye and are lost forever. Should I just take the plunge and brown-bag lunches for the next couple of months to soothe my guilty conscience?

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! You will be so happy!! they look fabulous!! Much better to buy two chairs you love than a bunch of little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! I love the picture too. It looks amazing. I want that light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you found this great deal for a reason. They look great, so if you really love them then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you know the answer already...Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there was a paint that could turn my desk chair into a ghost chair! Paint is usually my solution to anything not in my budget :)

    ReplyDelete