Tuesday, August 4, 2009

what $945,000 will buy you...

My parents are planning to retire soon and they've been kicking around the idea of selling their house in New Jersey and relocating to Poland. They both grew up there and most of our family still lives there.

It's been fun looking up international real estate for them. Here's a nice 2 bedroom flat in Warsaw (where my father grew up) that was showcased in the New York Times. At $945,000, it will definitely not be my parent's future home, but I liked it. It's a historic building, but the apartment has a bright, contemporary vibe.



Those open onto a balcony that looks out on a private courtyard. I don't know what it is about the word courtyard that sends thrills down my spine, but it does.


I love the wood floors and the open floor plan.
The perfect nook for reading on a rainy afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to visit. Hope they find something nice, like that.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting it could be to have a reason to travel to Europe on a regular basis...and a place to stay to boot!

    Love this apartment and it open floor plan and fresh, light feel.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  3. That building looks gorgeous and I love the openness of the apartment. Ahh to have a cool million to spend on international real estate...

    ReplyDelete