Monday, October 5, 2009

flash

This post is for my fellow amateur photography maniacs.
I finally collected enough gift cards to spring for one of these off-camera flash units and it's my new love. The difference that it's already made in my photographs is amazing - and I barely even know how to use it yet!
This is a photo of my son's bike taken without any flash. The sunlight was coming from behind the bike.


This is the photo with the flash. So much better! See how you can see the colors and details show up in this photo?

So why is an off-camera flash unit better than on-camera flash? An on-camera flash always delives the same intense amount of light directed right at the subject of the photograph. An off-camera flash can be adjusted at different angles and can vary the intensity of the flash so that you can use it in a variety of different conditions and the lighting always looks natural.
Here's one more pretty photo for this Monday morning.



2 comments:

  1. great! I love learning about tools that can enhance or make something better.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I love how you didn't lose any of the pretty light on the grass behind it.

    ReplyDelete