Thursday, October 1, 2009

kicking myself

You know how sometimes you see something and you just feel that you should get it? But then you start second-guessing yourself and you talk yourself out of it? That's how I'm feeling about this currently out-of-stock mirror with a capiz-shell frame. Last May I saw it at Target for $20. The price was low because the capiz shells were coming up on one side (nothing that a little glue wouldn't have fixed.) I actually walked around the store with it for a while before I talked myself out of it and put it back. Now that I have the perfect spot for it, I can't get it anywhere, even at its full price. The nearest thing I could find is this round capiz mirror from West Elm for a whopping $199. Way more than I'm willing to spend at the moment.



BTW, for everyone who wanted to know how the movie Coco Before Chanel was, it was great! It was a bit of a pain to find parking in New York City on a Saturday afternoon, but well worth it to see the movie!

1 comment:

  1. I do that all the time!!! glad I'm not the only one. I still regret not getting a giant clam shell at Home Goods for $30. It was 3 years ago!!! I need to let it go!!

    ReplyDelete