Saturday, November 14, 2009

butterflies

I had a framed picture that I bought for a few bucks at Bed, Bath & Beyond right after my husband and I got married. It's been gathering dust in the attic for a couple of years now. After seeing this post on Little Green Notebook, though, I decided to bring it down. Here is what it originally looked like.





I printed a butterfly print off the Internet. Then I used some narrow blue ribbon that I had left over from another project to created the border on the matt. Now it's hanging in our bedroom and I love it!



I printed another butterfly for the space over my desk, but I have to get a new matt cut since this one is obviously too small and cuts off part of the butterfly's wings. As soon as I have a new matt, I'll be embellishing this picture with some ribbon as well. It's a subtle touch that adds a lot of impact.



The butterfly prints are available on Vintage Printables. The link to this site was also provided by Jenny of Little Green Notebook. Gotta love a blog that provides so much inspiration!


3 comments:

  1. Looks great, that Jenny is a gal after my own DIY heart!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm all about DIY wall art. I like to buy unique calendars on clearance after the new year and frame the pages.

    ReplyDelete