Monday, January 18, 2010

bridesmaid bootcamp update

Last week was the first week of what I've dubbed my bridesmaid bootcamp. I worked out every day and I incorporated more fruits and vegetables into my meals. I managed to lose 1 pound and rewarded myself with this pair of shoes to go with the bridesmaid dress. Actually, they weren't really a reward - I picked them up because they were incredibly marked down:-)

Anyway, I don't want to focus just on losing a few pounds to fit into a dress - I want to lead a healthier lifestyle. Ever since I became a mom, I've found myself skipping workouts and eating junk food on the run. I want to get back to working out every day because it gives me more energy and makes me feel healthier.

This week's shape-up focus will be on adding strength-training to my workout routine. I'll be trying workouts with kettle balls.


Scary-looking, aren't they? But my husband is a coach and swears by them, so I'll be giving them a try. If you turn on the news this week and hear about a New Jersey woman who bonked herself unconscious with a kettle ball - you'll know who they're talking about!

I'll also be adding more whole grains to my diet. Today I'm making this taboulleh salad (recipe here). It has bulgher wheat, which is supposed to be incredibly healthy (lots of fiber and vitamins.)


Thanks for all of the encouraging e-mails and comments! They really helped to keep me going this past week.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone I know is getting healthy! Good for you. Having your husband cheer you on doesn't hurt either. Let me know what you think of the taboulleh. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations- One pound at a time. Keep you the good work. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! Those shoes are amazing!! It would be worth getting smacked by a kettle ball to get those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete