Wednesday, January 6, 2010

til next year

This weekend we drove to New York City to see the tree in Rockefeller Center. No matter how many times I've seen it, it always gives me a thrill. I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go ice skating in the rink.




This coming weekend, I'll be taking down the Christmas decorations. This is always such a bittersweet task. Part of me loves getting the house back to its normal state of order, but a big part of me will miss the warm lights of the Christmas tree.

I've started planning my younger son's February birthday party. It's hard to believe that it's only a few weeks away. It's scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday so a football theme is de rigueur. I'm looking forward to it. The pneumonia in December really knocked me off my feet - it's nice to have something fun to look forward to again!

3 comments:

  1. The tree is so beautiful. This was my first year seeing it and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, my house looks so bare without the Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids were baffled on why I would ever take down the decorations. to be honest I miss them too.

    ReplyDelete