Wednesday, February 10, 2010

easiest chalkboard ever

About a week ago, I ordered a roll of chalkboard contact paper. I had never heard of it before and I was both intrigued and skeptical. How good could it be?


Well, it turned out to be pretty good stuff. It's easy to write on and erase and it was so easy to use that I transformed a cheap frame that I got at the grocery store into a chalkboard in 15 minutes flat. Much easier than painting on layer after layer of chalkboard paint.

After tearing off the backing on the frame, I removed the glass, pasted the contact paper over the board that had originally been the backing to the frame and pasted a piece of cardboard to the back of that. Then I duct-taped the cardboard to the back of the frame to hold everything together.
I have a second frame just like this one that I'll also be transforming into a chalkboard. Then they're destined for the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment