Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a room in need of a facelift

My husband and I are both off from work this week. Of course, this just means that we focus on all the work around the house that needs to get done. My goal is to give my younger son's room a facelift. Tomorrow I'll be driving over to IKEA to pick up one of these dressers. We'll be packing up the crib and storing it in the attic. It's the first time in six years that there won't be a crib in the house. It's a little bittersweet.
I have this nightstand that will work well in the room. I'd like to give it a coat of cranberry paint, but that will have to wait until Spring when the garage isn't freezing cold.

The big boy bed is in good shape, but, as you can clearly see, it needs a bedding update.
Finally, I need some art to fill up the blank wall space. I'm planning on buying some frames while I'm at IKEA. I have some train art that I'll be putting in the frames, but the beauty of frames is that my son will be able to switch the art out as he gets older. Something tells me that a sixteen-year old is not going to want train art decorating his walls.

And just for fun, here's a picture I dug out of my picture files. This is what the room looked like when we bought the house.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let me know what you think of that dresser-- we've been considering it for a while. I can't wait to see how the new room turns out!

    ReplyDelete