Wednesday, February 3, 2010

snowy day

This morning, we got that happy phone call at five a.m. informing us that we'd have a delayed opening since it snowed overnight. Oh, how I love those two extra hours in the morning to relax with a cup of coffee from my snow day mug!


Outside the kitchen window, it looks like this. Those trees on the far edge of our backyard are one of the reasons I fell in love with our house.


Also, the little table is almost done. It's now a nice, glossy black and we love it!
The butterfly knob from Anthropologie is back-ordered, so in the meantime, I gold-leafed the knob that I had. It actually looks pretty good.

The light fixture for the bedroom has been ordered and it's on its way. I can't wait to see it once it's actually installed. It'll be so nice to have light in the bedroom in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the delay! Snowy mornings are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the gold against the black. have a lovely morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute table! We live in MA and rarely get a snow day even though it snows so much! They just figure that we can handle shoveling out and driving our kids to school here! It is crazy! Have fun!

    Please stop by for a visit...I am having a great design book giveaway....

    ~jamilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno know...I like the black table (awesome job) with the gold knob. And I never like gold! Looks so good. Hope everyone is feeling better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the table turned out - amazing what a little paint can do - and that butterfly is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete