Tuesday, April 6, 2010

have you ever wanted to chuck your blog?

I have. And I almost did. (But I'm so glad that I didn't!)

Ever since my bout with pneumonia in December, I just haven't been able to get my groove back. I've had no ambition to cook or take photos or decorate or blog or do anything else that usually makes me happy. I just slogged through the rest of the winter.

But it's hard to stay depressed when it's Spring and the days are so warm and beautiful! I finally took my camera out yesterday and we took a drive down to Princeton so that I could take a few pictures.

The whole campus is so beautiful.

This fence is partially responsible for inspiring me to go to college. When I was a little girl, my parents took me down to Princeton and I fell head-over-heels in love with this wrought iron fence. I'm pretty sure I may be the only person who went to college partly to admire a fence.

Forsythia - why can't it bloom all summer long?
My husband and I tried to impart the importance of working hard and getting an education to our boys. But they were more interested in picking up rocks.

3 comments:

  1. I've also had a horrible time trying to blog, no real excuse. I love the photos of Princeton. I think a fence is a fine reason to love a school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fence shot is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you fell in love with a fence! LOL I can relate. I just started blogging in November, and I don't know how I thought it would be easy to fit into my life. : )

    ReplyDelete